Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Bath

Today we went to Bath where We also met up with my friend Crystal who lives in Wells in Somerset. I met Crystal when I had my "gap year" in 1993 (when I was 24) in Paris. We kept in touch when I got to London and Crystal visited me while I was living there and I spent a couple of weekends with her in Wells. Over the years we have kept in touch so I was very keen to catch up.

First of all we went to the Roman Baths - of course! Archaeological findings has shown that only 20 years after invasion by the Romans under Nero, Roman citizens were visiting Bath and offering gifts to Minerva.

I even got to taste the spa water in the Pumphouse (where the Jane Austen story Persuasion was filmed!).







We then went to a pub for lunch where I had fish pie and Paul got a mixed grilled (it had peas). We walked over to Pulteney Bridge. Then we had to go and get a Ben & Jerrys ice-cream (Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Fudge and Cherry Chocolate).





After that we walked around the beautiful streets of Bath and walked up to the Circus and the Royal Crescent. You cannot take a bad photo there - it was fantastic. Then we let Eoin run around the Royal Victoria Park before we put him back in the car.....

You could spend days in Bath and still not see everything!




City of Bath Website




No comments:

Post a Comment